Thursday, January 15, 2009

Such things should not be written...


Whilst searching for files on the internet, I made a startling discovery. I was researching enrollment options at Miskatonic University, when a pop up window opened, with an unsettling, squealing/screeching sound. As usual, I tried to close the window, only to find that by clicking on the 'close' button, a download prompt appeared, with the name,"NECR0_blog_text." I scanned the file for virus, and none were detected. Being the curious sort, I opened the .zip archive, which contained only one document. The file was in an archaic "wingdings" style font, which I immediately set about deciphering. After two days of trying to locate the original HTML code, and translate the text, I made a breakthrough. Oh, how I curse myself, looking back. The file, once translated, was an ancient 1990 A.D. text, long thought to be nothing more than rumour, "The Necroblogicon." I cannot explain to you the horror I felt upon reading the title. Written in a blood red Pantone font, the blog archive told of ancient evils, and contained spells for animating the evil spirits that haunt the digital realm of the internet, and allowing them access to our world. I fear I am no longer in control of my mental facilities, as the dread demon 5hug_Ni99urot4 now haunts my every thought. C7hulhu, has awoken from his long slumber. Soon the 07d_1s will take over our entire sphere and enslave us. For God's sake, please recite the ancient code, before it is too late: "KuntrĂ–l, Aultte, Deileet!" The horror! The horror!

2 comments:

J. S. Day said...

Lovecraft influences yet another generation. During his most prolific years he was often suicidal because of reality. You almost have to ask yourself what's wrong with people who never get that way.

Great stuff here, Rygar. You know that when the nation collapses there will be a whole lot of places to skate (after the splinter wars leave the cities deserted). The first dead man wearing body armor I find is getting robbed, because a guy on a skateboard is too easy a target.

Thanks for the tunez.

RyGar said...

Your welcome. Thanks for taking the time to see what I've got here. I wrote this Lovecraftian bit on a lunch break from school. I had to fake the Leet speak, stuff, because I'm a few years behind on the internet tech. and trends. That's a good point about there being lots of skateable terrain after the wars. God, I hope there's zombies. Aim for the head...