Sunday, January 11, 2009

Follow the Sarcophagus Fly...


Though many will agree that Dario Argento's "Suspiria" is his best work, I have to say that "Phenomena" comes a close second. Posted here is the Cinevox version of the soundtrack. According to the cover, this is "The Complete Goblin Original Instrumental Soundtrack." Which means the Motorhead, Andi Sex Gang, and Iron Maiden tracks are missing. According to different sources, the tracks on this disc may have been better credited to the individual members of Goblin, such as Claudio Simonetti, as the bands' status was questionable at this point. Regardless, these are some of my favorite Goblin tracks. I also included an alternate, more metal version of the main theme recorded by Simonetti's later band, Daemonia. I highly recommend you watch this video of them in action. It helps if you're stoned, but it is one of the worst, most embarrassing videos I have ever seen. Although, I do like their versions of the Goblin classics, replete with cheesy solos. Anyway, what you get here is some great Italian, psych and ambient soundtrack work.

The corpse is over here. (DL)

No comments: