Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'll put your head in a milk bottle!


I'm really busy with homework, but I didn't want to go too long without a new post. Plus, I found a couple of CD's that I thought I didn't have anymore. So, instead of writing an essay on child labor in American history, I'm going to lob some good old 1980's, L.A. punk rock at you. Maybe, and I hope, you already have the Angry Samoans "Unboxed Set." I had to break it into two parts. The first contains: "Inside My Brain"(1980) and "Back from Samoa"(1982). Part two is: "Yesterday Started Tomorrow"(1986) and "STP Not LSD"(1988). I first heard these guys when I was thirteen, on the seminal "Faster and Louder Vol.1" hardcore compilation. If you like humorous punk rock, these guys have it in spades. I think Metal Mike still tours under the Samoans' name, and they play a lot of these old songs. So, get hip and poke out your eyes with a plastic fork. But, download this first. I forgot to zip the artwork and booklet (which has a bio by guitar player Gregg Turner) with the rips, so I'll post thumbs below, which you can look at or save (Click them and they get bigger. Doye).




Part1
Part2

No comments: