Sunday, June 28, 2009

Skate Fast! Thrash Fast!



Useless Wooden Toys hail from Mpls, MN. and play some raging, duel vocal hardcore thrash/smith grind about skating, moshing, and not taking shit so damn seriously all the fucking time. Disrobe are from Chicago. They share members with the Rat Bastards, and sound fairly similar, only faster. I'm just not in the mood for a proper write-up at the moment, so just DL this already.

DAGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (DL)

(Sadly, Chris Johnson, one of the vocalists from UWT was killed one year and a week ago today at a party by some rotten piece of shit. Even though I didn't know him that well, I can honestly say that this was a tremendous loss. My heart goes out to Ryan, Steve, Cookie, and Chris. Thanks for playing in my basement way back when, and I hope you guys continue to skate and thrash with a fervor as yet unknown.)

2 comments:

www.myspace.com/disrobe said...

rick ponce from disrobe/rat batsards/too many other amazing baNDS to mention has passed on after a long battle with colon cancer. he was a true friend and an amazing musician. cheers rick we all miss you brother

RyGar said...

I am very sorry to hear that. At least he was able to share his skills with the rest of us, and we'll have his music to remember him by.