Friday, February 20, 2009

...Somebody's fucking with my mummy...


Here's one that probably won't get too many downloads, but feel free to surprise me. I think I've got a pretty intelligent, literate crowd coming by here. Here's a CD of William S. Burroughs' readings that came with this awesome book:

These selections come from a 4 CD box set, which is still widely available if you've got the dough. I don't think I need to explain anything about this legendary man, and there's plenty of info out there if you're curious. (I would like to dismiss any notions that the man ever advocated, or romanticized drug use.)These are some entertaining readings, and the delivery is syrupy and nuanced. Ever the humorist, Uncle Bill's satire gets me laughing out loud every time. If, for some reason you're not familiar with his work, the book above covers his entire output.

Storytime

[Post Edit: Yup. You surprised me. Which, I guess, means that it's not a surprise, since this is really what I knew all along. Right? This has become the most downloaded post!]

7 comments:

Chairmaker said...

"I think I've got a pretty intelligent, literate crowd coming by here"

And right are sir.
*adjusts monocle, taps ash from pipe*

This is good- Burroughs is one of the few writers who I actually like to hear talk.

RyGar said...

I knew it. I knew I was big with the monocle and pipe crowd! It's what inside the pipe that is suspect. Burroughs is the only author I have audio recordings of. Most writers are not very good at reading their work. Buk's alright as a salty, drunken bastard, but I Iike him better in print. (Kick to Kill had some up recently, if you want to hear him).

Brat Early said...

Baby baby baby won't you come out tonight!

RyGar said...

Yo, Brat - Your breath smells like catfood. What up with that?

Θόρυβος Τώρα said...

one of favorite writers!

Eden 263 said...

RyGar, thanks for this. Sorry you're taking a break, I just found you thanks to Cranio. Liking the whole skate thing too, even though I use 2 wheels myself. Peace, and happy hunting.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this W.S.B. Me likey