Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm going down to Dunwich...


(Dedicated to the Badger)
Darkest of the Hillside Thickets are a Canadian band dedicated to all things Lovecraftian. I guess I would label these guys as nerdcore, similar to Nerf Herder in intent, if not sound. Catchy punk tunes and weird-horror themed lyrics. The productions pretty shite, but it gives it that recorded in mom's basement kinda feel, which can be good. Apparently they've got a track on Rock Band? That's good, I hope they get some exposure. Favorite track here is "Burrow Your Way Into My Heart." Go Miskatonic U!

The madness in the clay...

1 comment:

Chairmaker said...

I'm a sucker for Lovecraft themed stuff so I'll be checking this out. Check on my blog for Nova Persei by Smohalla if you're into avant-garde black metal takes on lovecraft.