Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fuck MP3's !!!


I've had the engorged middle finger of The Mummies pleasantly shoved in my face for well over a decade. No other band was ever so rude, and so shitty, and so fucking great as the dirty gauze and toilet paper wrapped jerks, right here. It's hard to even imagine that a band like this once existed. These guys were rebelling against C.D.'s and digital recording years before the cyber-geek twiddlery of Pro tools ruined any chance of rock n'roll making it out of the twenty-first century alive. They refused to record with any decent equipment and managed to trash just about every venue they played in record time, before taking off in a vintage ambulance filled with someone else's gear. I still haven't bought myself a turntable, and I hope to post a lot more from these guys when I do. Until then, here's a post-humous collection of rarities and live trash. It's definitely not my favorite, but it's one of the only ones I have a digital copy of. From this site: "Runnin' on Empty: Vol. 1" [Runnin' On Empty Vol. 1 LP (Estrus, 1996, ES 94016)
side one are all previously unreleased recordings:
side two is live at the Chameleon 9/5/91:]
In the spirit of fuck you-edness, I'm not posting a picture of the band above, but rather a picture of myself dressed as one of the Mummies from a Halloween, years ago.




Budget Rock Showcase!
[Oh, shit. If you're on the East Coast, they're playing a reunion in Hoboken, New Jersey!]

No comments: